Teresa Hogan Keene considers herself to be a traditional artist with a contemporary flair. Working in acrylics and mixed media, she is a dedicated painter with over thirteen years of growing experience. Her work resides nationally in both public and private collections.
She studied art at Central Missouri State University as well as an international summer abroad program in Europe on a course in Contemporary Art. Inspired by her mid-western upbringing Teresa turned to painting as a way to investigate relationships — between man and nature. Teresa has participated in a variety of gallery shows as well as juried art festivals.
During her time as an art student Teresa took her art knowledge in a slightly different direction. Sparked by her entrepreneurial spirit she opened an Art Supply Store & Custom frame shop in downtown Warrensburg, MO. It was through this avenue that she first experienced working with artist in a different way. Through her love of art and passion for teaching Teresa began offering art classes through her shop and eventually grew into hosting a small gallery space. This experience as a business owner really shaped the artist and person she is today.
Professional Artist Experiences:
• Volunteer Interim Art Instructor- Johnson County Christian Academy Developed and implemented curriculum for K-8 accelerated students
• Commissioned thirteen painting Missouri Series for permanent collection at Whiteman Air Force Base, Knob Noster, MO.
• Freelance Mural Artist
• Commissioned permanent mural at Union Station Kansas City
• Provided educational seminars to community and organizations including, but not limited to the Missouri Arts Council and Central Missouri State University.
• Instructed private art lessons in classroom setting for ages ranging 4 to adult in retail setting.
• Strategized and implemented a Gala Art Auction fundraiser.
• Project coordinator and manager for developing strategic plans and alternative funding sources such as grants and in-kind donations.
• Developed and maintained new and exciting opportunity for festival event programs in downtown district as a Main Street Member.
• Recruited and worked cohesively with a volunteer staff of 100 plus.
• Designed, proofed and created collateral materials, news releases and media alerts for festivals.
• Worked directly with local and area wide media outlets to increase promotion and informational services.
• Implemented Social Media strategy for Summit Art, Inc. and Got Art Gallery on Third.
• Longview Art & World Music Festival 2010 Marketing Chair
• VP of Marketing Summit Art June 2010-current
• Warrensburg Chamber of Commerce 2000-2001
• National Foundation of Independent Businesses 2000-2004
• International Art Materials Trade Association (NAMTA) Member 2000-2004
• Downtown Warrensburg Business Owner of the Year-2000
• Warrensburg Festival of Arts Committee Chair 2000
• Warrensburg Festival of Arts Committee Co-Chair 2001
• Best of Missouri Hands- Member 2010
• Summit Art-Juried Member 2010